Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gourmet cheese straws- revisited


OK I tried the cheese straws again (recipe in our Gourmet Thanksgiving packet) - major improvement over the well-blackened version at Haley's! I skimped a bit on the cheese and shouldn't have- they don't taste cheesy enough. BUT very flaky, tasty and I bet will be a crowd pleaser. Also so easy if you just set the timer!! The two layers started to come apart when I was twisting them but it didn't seem to matter much. The recipe says not to bake too far ahead, but I am thinking a minute or two in the oven, wrapped in foil and they should be good as new for at least a few days!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, Bev. They look delish! I have a picture of the "teasing brown" version. Should I post for comparison? Hee hee. Can't wait to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look great. Maybe you can boycott the frozen foods and eat the cheese sticks and drink wine wearing your matching set of jewelry you rcvd last year for Christmas!
    Happy Tgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmmy.....thanks for joining the blogging bevie! I can't wait to see everyone else's thanksgiving meals. I think I'd had too much champagne before the feast so my photos are terrible!!!

    ReplyDelete