Monday, November 23, 2009

Easy Pork Tenderloin Stir Fry from Bon Appetit

entire dinner took me about 35 min and was very well rcvd.

1 1.25 lb of pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut crosswise into 1/2" thick round, then cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
1 T cornstarch
2 T Asian sesame oil, divided
1 T minced peeled, fresh ginger
4 small unpeeled tangerines or clementines, cut(with peel) into 3/4" pieces
1/4 cup Asian sweet chili sauce(at HT in yellow and red bottle)
2T soy sauce
1/4 t if Chinese 5 spice powder
6 baby bok choy or 3 large(better with baby), cut crosswise into 1" thick ribbons, tough base removed
5 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal(used thin onions and cooked them with bok choy when I forgot green onions)

Place cut tenderloin in bowl, sprinkle with S and P and coat with cornstarch. Heat 1 T of sesame oil in large non stick skillet over med high heat. Add minced ginger; stir for 30 secs, Add tenderloin strips; stir fry pork until it is beginning to brown and is almost cooked through, about 3 min. Add tangerine pieces and Chinese 5 spice powder; boil until sauce thickens slightly, tossing to blend, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 T of sesame oil(not necessary), bok choy and rest of sliced onions. Stir until bok choy is wilted, 1 to 2 min. Season to taste. Sprinkle with remaining green onions.

special note: they said you can eat the tangerines with skin...you may like it but it was a tad chewy for me. I guess it is a little like having shrimp tails leftover on your plate. If that bothers you, I think adding the rind chopped finely might give the same flavor with a little juice added?

It is really good and healthy. Also, after buying the Chinese 5 spice and the Asian sweet sauce, I can pull it together pretty quickly. The recipe said nothing about having it over rice. The second time I did it, I used Basmati rice in my rice steamer. Matt loved it.

xo. Kay is home sick so I am blogging while she watches Sponge Bob.
bb

No comments:

Post a Comment